Country Apple Dumplings - would be easy to sub out ingredients for less sugar and sounds easy enough.
- 1 large apple (I used a Fuji- any apple will do, tart is better)
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent dough
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz. 7-Up or equivalent (half the can)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8-10 wedges. Slice the apple skin off as well and set aside.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the wide end. Pinch to seal and cover apple and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Heat, whisking to combine. The mixture will slowly combine and thicken. When it's thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour cinnamon mixture over the apple dumplings. Pour soda over the dumplings
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.